Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cardi


Despite my love of many things Kiwi, I never did quite get used to New Zealanders' tendency to shorten certain words into precious diminutive versions -  e.g., "rellies" for relatives, "brekkie" for breakfast, "brelly" for umbrella. You get the idea. (I know it's not unique to NZ - this seems to be something they do in Australia, too.) 

So I won't call what I'm wearing above a "cardi" - especially because where I live, "Cardi" refers to one of these guys.

Still, this was one of those purchases that has proved more versatile than I thought it would. It's wool, for starters, and the bright tomato red color is not only cheering, but seems like something Anna Wintour would wear. I mean that in a good way - powerful, and like no one will f*ck with me. 

Shopping Guide: Tory Burch cardigan, consignment. Theory blouse, Wheeler School annual used clothing sale. Vintage Pucci bandana, eBay. Tory Burch bracelet, consignment. Earnest Sewn jeans, consignment. 

1 comment:

  1. Um, you're Kelley F'ing Smith. No one will f*ck with you!

    ReplyDelete